The Poorly Rich! #Part5

"Mom, why can't you just let him know clearly that I don't wish to talk to him?" I questioned her in a frustrated tone as I entered the kitchen.
"He's your father." Mom reverted in a matter of fact tone.
"No he's not! He never was and he'll never be." I blurted out in haste.
"Father? Seriously? Does he even know what a father is? According to the dictionary, it's a man in relation with his children. Does he ever had a relationship with us? For him, we were just another asset or maybe a responsibility like the documents of his various properties and for us, he was someone who just paid off for our fees and the basic needs in our lives. He might have accepted Sagar, of course he would. He's his son after all, but I know he never accepted me. He was never there when I needed him, emotionally, mentally and even physically. I still remember everything mom. I still remember when I was in the hospital for 15 days and he wasn't there to even see me once. I still remember the words he said 'I needed you coz he wanted his further generations to get educated.' He said this to you after 15 years of marriage. So maybe he needs me to fulfill another motive of his life, I don't give a damn about him anymore. He's not my father." I have said these things to mom almost a hundred times and yet I repeated coz at this stage of life I couldn't stand anyone declaring him to be my father coz he's not. I'll never accept this.
"Calm down Mallika or you'll get sick again. I know you still love him that's why you still think of all this." My mom told me in a composed way.
"I don't mom. Can you see even a trace of tear in my eyes? It mattered earlier, now it doesn't. I just don't feel anything. Neither against him nor for him. He's just another stranger passing by me on the roadside. I don't know him. His random stuff doesn't bother me, but when he tries to hurt me, that's when it matters. That's all." I replied in a very understanding way. I was convinced to the fact that his existence doesn't bothers me unless he doesn't try to cross my path.
Noise of the footsteps distracted me. I saw dad climbing down the stairs.
'Was he overhearing our conversation?' I thought.

Sometimes things happen in the least expected way. That's what happened the next day.

#ToBeContinued

#Maisha ❤

Comments

Popular Posts