The Poorly Rich! #Part10

I woke up, woke up? I never slept that night at all. My tears rolled down to my pillow and it soaked them, as if they knew the pain I was growing inside me. My face was swollen and my kajal had washed away with the tears. My eyes sulked as if I haven't slept for weeks.
I was reluctant to go to school but then I realized it was Saturday, an off to school. I went to the washroom and splashed some water on my face. I crawled back into my bed and suppressed my head into the pillow again, I closed my eyes tightly and tried to sleep, but the pictures of my life haunted me. That slap was afresh on my cheek, the marks were still there. I could feel the temperature rising inside me, yet I felt so cold. Maybe I suffered from fever, but I just kept on lying there.
I heard someone walk inside my room, from the aura and fragrance which generated around me, I could easily make out that it was mom.
She sat beside me, caressing my hair like I was an angel in her deep slumber, tears rolled down again.
'Why was God so cruel towards me? I had such a loving mother but my father, he can't even stand me for a bit.' I thought.

"I never wished for such a life for you. I never wanted that it may turn out to be this. I always tried to protect you but last night, I didn't know that was coming, I feel defeated today. I don't know why, I know you might be listening to me but, I still wanted to share this with you. I know, you've never wanted to be with him, but I forced you to coz eventually, at the end of the day, he was your father, but now, I'll take that right away from him, soon. We'll be a happy family, just you and me. There'll be a day when he'll need the most of us but we won't be there for him. I promise my princess, you won't get more of this anymore." My mother sounded determined on her words. I didn't know what was up in her mind, but I sobbed and she hugged me tighter than ever. I wailed like an infant and drained out all that I had in me. I found solace in her lap and that's where I fell asleep, in her embrace.

#ToBeContinued

#Maisha ❤

Comments

Popular Posts