The Poorly Rich! #Part4

6 years has gone by and nothing has changed. We live in the same mansion and are stuck in the same situation, the only difference is I was 10 years old at that time and I'm 16 years old now. That's just a change of numbers but there was a change in person too, my dad was totally available for us now. He was at home day in and day out. He only went to the office in the evening. Reason? Ask me a why?
It's because recession struck us really hard. It's not as if we are on the footpath, but the level of profit has reduced to almost 1/4th of what it was. Why? How? Who was to be blamed? No one knew. 
Dad was trying to be a living figure in my life, and I was reluctant to accept him as one. What was he doing since so long? Didn't he know that I was there at that time too when he was too busy to notice? When he came home late, till the time I went asleep, when his stag parties were much more important than my school projects where I needed him. He was trying to bridge the gap between 
It was just another bad day at school, and the person who greeted me at home was dad.
"How was your day?" He asked while opening the door of the house.
"Umm.. Why do you want to know?" I snapped. Over all these years, all the fights, the ignorance, the distance has made me so aloof that I just couldn't think of talking straight to him. I had become so stubborn and rude that anything hardly mattered to me. Whether he treated me well or not, I was in a habit of being blunt always.
"I am your father Mallika." He tried to stop me.
"Congratulations Mr. Sanchit Malhotra!" I mocked happiness, while my hands clapped without making a noise.
"Where's mom?" I asked.
"In the kitchen!" He muttered under his breathe without making an eye contact. 
He knew he was the reason behind it all. He knew that he's the one who made all this creep in between us. He knew that he was the one who kept distance and now it was my turn or maybe it was in my habits now. He knew he made me go aloof. He knew he was the one who made HATE HIM. Though I still wanted to have him in my life, but some things can never fall together once they've grown apart. A broken vase, a crumpled paper can't be fine again. That was the relationship we shared. A crumpled paper which can never be mended.

‪#‎ToBeContinued‬

‪#‎Maisha‬ ❤

Comments

Popular Posts