The Poorly Rich! #Part13

I've been waiting for this day since almost a month. I've done so much just to make it perfect. It was my best friend's birthday and I was as excited as a flower who was just about to bloom but the biggest task of the day was yet to be done. I had to face the Devil to take permission to go. I was hesitant, as I knew what will come my way, yet I made up the courage to go and ask him. Mom already knew all about it so she had no issues from me going out as I had asked her to come along too.
I walked up to his room, and knocked.

"Come in!" A stern voice reciprocated.
"Dad, it's me!" I said, clearing my throat.
"Say." He replied, as cold as ever.
"I wanted to ask something." I had that extra peppiness in my voice.
"In case you want something, sorry, I won't give it. You people don't deserve anything." He said as if he has bagged a seat in the US assembly.
"It's nothing that I want. I just wanted to ask whether I can go out to Select Citywalk. It's Anaya's birthday and she's giving a treat to all of her friends so she has called me too. So may I go? Even mom will go along with me. I'm not alone." I spilled it out in one breathe. Haa! A sigh of relief.
"Who's Anaya? And what will these parties anyhow do? We'll go out some where. Stay home and study. These friendships and all are of no use. So you're not going." He stated without even looking out his paper once.
"But dad, she's my best friend and it's not like I ask you to go out everyday. It's just a matter of a few hours. Please let me go. Please." I argued. I was losing my temper yet I kept calm at his face.
"A no is a no! You may leave now, and close the door before you go." He stated.
I turned around with defeated shoulders and then came my fighter in her shining armour.
"You're going." I heard a voice. "We're going." It was mom.
Devil looked out of his paper,
"I just clearly told her that she can't. So just stay home." He said in a matter of fact tone.
"No, we're going and that's final. Its not that she wants to go out every second day. It's Anaya's birthday and Mallika has waited for this day from a pretty long time. So yes, we're going, and I'm not asking this, I'm just letting you know." I was stunned, and then my lips broke into a peculiar smile. She always lived up to her words and that's what she did again, supported me.
"You're not going and that's final." Devil shouted.
"We'll be back by 7pm!" Mom stated showcasing as if she didn't hear him.

She dragged me out of his room, while he went on muttering a few exemplary excuses to us.
Yes! We just won a battle and I was happy about this glorious victory.

#ToBeContinued

#Maisha ❤

Comments

Popular Posts