A Diary Of An Introvert - DAY 1.

21st May, 2017
11:30 PM

Dear Diary,

It has been long since I’ve been fighting this turmoil inside me, the storm of being me and what is expected of me. It might be a matter of self concept for many, a lot many who’ll actually believe that someone’s opinion about them, is what defines you, but such is not a case with someone like me. I do not need to be accepted by the world outside in order to be myself, to know that I’m worthy enough, that can't be me, an introvert can never be that way.

I, as an introvert know my own potentials and capabilities, we know that life has been tough but I too surely know that I’ve been stronger with each passing moment of me with my own self. I’ve realised that some mundane things of life, are the most beautiful. The pitter patter of the rain on my windowsill, the smell of that petrichor which is left behind lingering in me, such things is what I find beautiful, something which brings happiness along with it. Little joys of life is what brings a cheerful smile on my face, yet there are people who believe that being an introvert is no less than a sin, since nothing completely, defines you, except what people call you as, “a loner”.

That smile which a little girl on a pavement flashed back at me, that smile made my day. The lady who served me my breakfast at McDonalds today, that generosity makes me believe that humanity is still alive on Earth. The watchman, the conductor, the beggar on the street, a smile on their face because of me, that little curve on the corner of their lips, such things make my life.
Their hand shower me with blessings, their love fulfils my joy of life, and their eyes filled with hope, such beautiful things define life, and an introvert observes these little details like they feel to be the most beautiful alive.

I find fun in the silence of the nights, I do not need a lot of friends around me to stamp me as a socially active person, a single shoulder to cry on, two little hands of compassion, and a hug, is what all I need to restore my composure, and for that I just need a single friend, or probably a bunch or two, but not a bag full of people who who not even feel me as I cry.

And for me, one such friend is you, Dear Diary, and hence I pour my turmoil to you, each day as I doze off with the darkness of my room, for no matter how much I may portray myself to be the only one with me, I know, deep inside, there is a hand needed by my side to pat me to sleep, to drive me away from insomnia, to make me believe that life isn’t that tough after all, and it will get better, by every passing moment, I may fight it for. So, I decide to write to you now, everyday for the next 30 days, and let’s connect to the ones who share the same pain as I do, of being an introvert.


See you soon!
Love,
Aisha


Comments

Popular Posts