Promise Day, 2017 - Hand of Compassion!

11th February, 2017 🙂
Promise Day. ❤️

I'd seen her toil through the days. I've seen her have sleepless nights. I've seen her grow tired yet own a smile right across her face. I've seen her she has always been there for everyone, be it early in the mornings or in the middle of our nights. 
I've seen her going to bed, hungry, because someone else wanted something extra in their meal so she gave up her part, because that's what each one from their species is taught, "to be selfless". I've also seen her have no demands, wishes or desires because she always wanted that someone else's wishes may grow to be suffice, because that's what had satisfied her more, someone else's happiness.
I've seen her, helplessly happy, satisfied, and selfless, but I've also seen what's behind that selfless smile. The gloom of not being appreciated, the sadness of not being loved enough, the disheartening feeling of not being recognised and cared for.
I've seen all of that too, that unrecognised tear she shed while you rejoiced in your happiness, she has always been successful to save it from the eyes of others yet it do not go unnoticed, not always.

So, today I hold out my hand and promise to that person, the one who has been a mother, a wife, a daughter, a daughter in law, and a homemaker, but most importantly I promise to every women who has been selfless, the one who killed her desires to be the reason of someone else's smile, I promise to each one of them, that

"Dear Lady,
I'll make sure that your smile may grow as important as anyone else's. I'll make sure you may never give up on your dreams and desires because I know the pain when someone snatches it away from you for no fault of your own. I'll make sure that you're loved, respected and cared for because this is not only your job but is a responsibility to each and everyone around you. I'll make sure that you won't stand alone to toil through the day, because I know it is tiring, I promise I'll help you out. I promise to make you feel contented of your own wishes too, because they are equally important.

And even if I couldn't stand up to these, I make you a promise that you'll always find me there, by your side to be a shoulder and a support, the one who'll be on your back when you fight the battle of your identity because I've fought for one too. I promise I'll be there because that smile matters to me, and many like me."

Lend out a hand of compassion and say, "I promise."



😌

Comments

Popular Posts