Chocolate Day, 2017 - Spread Happiness!

9th February, 2017
And if what they say is true, that you spend your whole life rewriting the first poem you ever loved, then it must also be true, that you spend your whole life trying to relive the first love you ever felt.
That's what I was to her. Her first love.
The temptations which filled her eyes the moment she saw me was something which made me feel special. The feeling she always gave me, the feeling of being wanted couldn't be expressed in words. I loved the way, her hands moved over the fridge, while I lied inside waiting to be bought, to be undressed by the tiny fingers she owned. I wanted to melt inside her mouth, and linger around her perfect smile.
Ever since I noticed her, I could see the way her eyes glistened at the site of me. She probably liked the Oreo form of me now, earlier she liked caramel filled inside me. Damn. She loved every bit of me, that's what he wanting eyes made me feel.
No matter if I be dark or white, cheap or expensive, full of nuts or caramel, she adored me in all forms and all colours, unlike the people around her.
"Go away, you filth. Don't go near that fridge. You're poor, you can't have them." The shopkeeper always told her.
It disheartened me. The way he treated her like filth, as if she wasn't a human if not rich.
I wonder why people can't treat each other the same way they treat chocolate. Irrespective of caste, colour or class, one should love one and all because that's what a chocolate does, spread happiness irrespective of the state of the one who's eating it.
The person who had been crying since a while, found it's composure in my taste; the little baby who wailed and howled, stopped at my sight, I've been a smile to one and a million people, and I'm grateful for the purpose I'm serving.

So, this Chocolate Day, be someone's chocolate, and serve your purpose to spread happiness. Share a chocolate, because you never know how long that li'l poor girl might be yearning to have her first chocolate, be her Santa without a Christmas Day.


Comments

Popular Posts