Rhythm Of Her! WorldDanceDay!

The rain made a pitter patter sound on my windowsill. I wondered why it was raining at this time of the year, the time where the Sun was ready to suck out every bit of us. It was the end of April and yet, it was raining like cats and dogs. I didn't pay much heed to it till the time when even the trees in my lawn started dancing. The noise of the leaves made a rhythm, a rhythm so serene that I couldn't go away, a rhythm which captivated me.
I sat by the windowsill to cherish the love of nature, the unseasonal love. I logged into my Mac and thought of penning down my words. I wonder how rain could always sting me to write, how can it be the spark to my flame of words all the time. I opened up my Facebook account only to give it a quick check, that's when it struck me, that's when the dancing of the nature made sense to me. The first post on my wall stated that it was International Dance Day.
I smiled and logged out of my Mac. I was on a loss of words while the stream of memories engulfed me. There was a time when my hands lived to fly, while my feet tapped up to every beat and now, I had lost it, I had lost it to live the dreams of my father, I had lost it since I couldn't live with it.
I switched on to some music to keep my nerves calm. The rhythm synchronized well with the pitter patter and the swaying. I wonder how music has always lived for another form of it, it has always found it's solace in one or the other and here we are, the human race fighting our lives away only to get over the other, only to have our own peace.
I was mesmerised by the serenity of the scene around me, the trees and the rain danced on the beat blaring off my speakers.
I closed my eyes and thought of a girl, a li'l girl in her childhood and that day, that day when she gave words to the rhythm of her heart and a voice to the tapping of her feet.

That daywhen a little girl decode the language which didn't need wordsIt was the language of dance.

Comments

Popular Posts