2. Rhythm Of Her! WorldDanceDay!



The perfect li'l girl, dolled up in a mini skirt and a loose tank top smiled right in front of my closed eyes. It seemed as if it was the first time she had visited the place where she was. Her mother was holding her hand, comforting her that everything is fine and it eventually will be. While another familiar face stood by her, a face so active yet so serene, a face which had a spark yet it held an aura so pure. I smiled at my dance teacher, or I should say the dance teacher of the li'l one which resided in my eyes.
I still remember how her first words made my nerves go on ease.

"What's your name hun?" While I stammered through my words, so unlikely of me now.
"Aa-raad-dhna" I had reply to which she flashed on to the best of her smiles while she repeated, "Aradhna".

I opened my eyes to a thunderbolt which flashed up in the sky, making me come back to reality. I smiled up to the memories which still seemed as if I've lived them just yesterday. I still remember how my feet used to tap in to every beat which surrounded me, to the time when I used to sway around on every possible tune which my heart listened to. It was a true fact, dance isn't the language of a body, but it's a language of the soul, an unspoken language where the expressions converse as if like never before. 
I turned up the volume of the music and swayed again, my feet synchronised with it too, only to the time when I realised that I wasn't allowed to. I wasn't allowed to tap in to music anymore, I wasn't allowed to smile to every beat, I wasn't allowed to live my dream.

Suddenly his words echoed louder than the music blaring out of the speakers. It clouded up in my head,"Girls from a sober family do not get into such stuff. You were a kid back then, you are a girl now, soon you'll be a lady, if I don't stop you now then probably you'll get against me for this lame hobby of yours."

"It isn't my hobby dad, it's my passion, I live for it." An eight year old innocent me had given out her words back then only to stay silent for the rest of her life. The slap echoed into my ears since then. The slap which shut out my dreams, the slap which shut me up, for forever.

#WorldDanceDay #PostSeries #Post2

Comments

Popular Posts