Adding Sweetness To Life!

“Can’t we add a cookie bar too?” I pleaded to the baker, with het puppy eyes. 

A baker squinted his eyes with a smirk, he knew nothing can steal her innocence away. Not now, not ever. He added a heart shaped cookie bar to the beautiful red wrapped Ferrero Rocher bouquet. I knew what would be exactly loved if presented and hence I chose my best.

There were eighteen Ferrero’s neatly decked in a red wrapping paper, together looking completely exotic. The number represented something special in my life. The added heart shaped cookie bar was a symbol of the love which both of us shared with each other, dearly.

I walked out of the little bakery, and down the lane to halt myself a taxi. Climbing into it, I asked the driver to move out to the Narkeldunga Main Road.

I knew how blissful it would make her feel to see me back home early. After all, stuck in office, I hardly had time to talk to her. 

I reached out to that road, like I did everyday. Everyday, a bit of my past was left behind as I travelled past that road. The road which changed my life forever.

I was merely six years old back then, when an accident took away all I had as a child, a protective father and an adorable mother, but gifted me another life as she helped me grow into what I was today. 

I stopped the taxi right outside my house. No one was to be seen around, none of my family members, the new family members. They obviously didn’t anticipated my early arrival from work that day.

I paid to the taxi driver, and tiptoed to the main door. 

As I ringed the bell with excitement pouring out of me. The ringer bell, held a name plate underneath, Prothoma. I didn’t know the meaning before until she explained it to me, the one with strong intuitions. Probably, that’s what they all were, the one with strong intuitions about their sexuality.

I walked into my home, a shelter home for transgenders. The place where I had lived since several years. Almost eighteen years ago, since she got me here, injured by the accident. That’s why, eighteen was too close to me and so were the eighteen aunts who lived with me like my mothers, while I was held in the arms of another, who nurtured me like her own, the one who shared the cookie bar.

“Mehar, you know you’re the sweetness to our lives, right? More sweeter than these chocolates.” Reshma aunty said, while I smiled adding a little more sweetness to the evening. 

“Happy Chocolate Day to all of you, my dearest sweethearts.” I shouted as everyone cheered in unison. That’s how my chocolate day was all about love, like the any other day of my life. 


Comments

Popular Posts