A Diary Of An Introvert - DAY 9!

29th May, 2017
10:00 PM


Dear Diary,

More often that not, I picture myself hundred times in a place before I truly visit it, why? Because as an introvert, I always wish to be familiar to my environment. I prefer to have a mental representation of my environment hence I also like them to be updated before a change comes over because just like any other introvert, I do not like new things appear in the horizon of my living specifically brought about without my notice. I react to change more slowly, and less intensely since I do not like it to be taking place. 

Such is not the case with the other kind of species on Earth, the extroverts, since they are taken to be more gregarious and self confident in comparison to an introvert. Extroversion draw it’s energy from being with other people, and seek stimulation from their environment, unlike introversion which holds back it’s energy for the most private situations they may encounter in their environment. What really digs on the relationship between an extrovert and an introvert is the spontaneity brought along with the extrovert.

An extrovert never really thinks before what they speak, or do, confidently using the trial and error method with words more often, what they fail to realise that their introvert counterpart might not like this part in them, since they do not prefer change at all, and specially not rapid changes. I usually weigh my options before I make a decision, whereas the extroverts around more, are more swifter in pace making it difficult for me to cope up. 

I do hold relationships, the ones which might be few in number but definitely own depths, whereas an extrovert might hold many but count them to be shallow. The extrovert tend to use the stream of consciousness in conversations, what they think, they speak, no matter what impact that might leave behind on the other person, what’s important to them is to get a load off their shoulders. 

Personally, it seems to be too selfish of them according to me, what they fail to realise is that they are digging a grave for their own relationship. Spontaneity is good, but when it comes to relationships, one definitely should hold the right conversations with the right set of words for you never know what might hurt the other person, just like it happen to hurt me most of the times. 

“I AM AN INTROVERT.” That means, when I’m feeling down, then it doesn’t mean that I’ll come upto you seeking for help, for I’m certainly not that way, in fact, I won’t go to anyone at all. You probably have to check on me, for I don’t feel like burdening you with my problems, but only if you come to me, I might just trust you enough to let you help, and I guess, that’s what makes the difference. 

According to me, it takes simply nothing to join crowd, but simply everything to stand alone. To know more, stay tuned until tomorrow night.


Love, 
Aisha!



Comments

Popular Posts