And Then She Cried ~ Mother's Day Special ❤

Anandi was in this constant dilemma of whether she should let it go or whether she should hold on to it. She had no clue, as the inside of her beamed with joy, her mind was in the state of terror. His words were still tantalising on the corner of her ears, “We’ll see what the outcomes will be only then will be deciding on whether we keep it or whether we get rid of it for it’ll be an unnecessary burden on us.”
She wonders what if it’s not what he wants, for she was more than happy for any of the two but she so wished that it’s what he desires or else they were to end things soon. She cautiously picks up her phone from the bedside table and pins in the ten digits which she dreaded the most. The bell rang as sweat beads appeared on the temple of her forehead as she grew anxious of the whole situation. The phone was finally received on the other end. 
“ Speak up whatever you wish to and keep it down, I’m busy.” Her husband spoke up.
“And I’m pregnant!”  She retorted so strong that it lead to a deafening silence. 

“Reach Dr, Mishra, we need to consult him. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Her husband commanded from the other side of the phone while she shivered under his words. Walking reluctantly for the lock she pulled in the key to lock the room behind as she left like a sluggard. She made way to her car but then she thought to herself that walking down the bumpy lane will be a better option, keeping in mind the state she was in now. She slurred her steps outside the main door of the house and started walking with slow and steady steps. She had no clue what the future held for her but yet she felt like living it, she made it straight in her that no matter what things will fall in place. 
Anandi reached the corner of the street and found the screeching Sun on her head yet she kept walking only to see her not-so better half at the gates of the clinic. He towed her inside the clinic in a blink and sat down at the physician’s chair. 
“She’s pregnant.” He announced as if it’s a reason for a panic attack, over which he might suffer a heart attack.
“Oh wow! That’s good news.” Dr. Mishra smiled back at me, I gave a faint smile back. 
“I wish to know what the consequences will be.” He said as the frowns of tension landed on his forehead. 
“Oh. You mean, you want me to determine?” Dr. Mishra asked.
“Ummm… yes!” As words left his lips, she stared in astonishment. 
“… But that should be at least three months.” The doctor declared.
“Okay! Let’s make it three months then.” He climbed up the chair instantly and grabbing my hand he walked out of the clinic after hurriedly thanking Dr. Mishra.
Anandi walked the street in amazement. She never really thought that it would come down to this but in the back of her mind she knew things too well maybe. She entered the house while he followed in.
“Is it necessary?” Those were the first words to him. Though he remained silent. She didn’t argue any further since she knew it’ll be in vain. 

Three months down the lane, the dreaded day visited Anandi.
“It’s a… girl.” Dr. Mishra announced to them or he blowed her away.
“Gosh! I don’t want this.” Words left him and he left the place instantly. 
Smiling meekly at Dr. Mishra, she left behind him and walked faintly to her home. 
At the door itself she encountered him.
“Get rid of this.” He shouted. “I don’t want this.” 
“But… but I do. I definitely need this and it’s the end of discussion. I won’t let it go, not this time, not after murdering one already.” Anandi shouted back at him and stormed inside the house.
“What do you mean you want this? It’s a girl. We ain’t having it. Who are you to even decide that?” He retorted back.

“Yes we are. And who am I? Who am I, is that what you’re asking me? I’m the mother to this soul in me, I’m a mother who cannot give up on her child not this soon. I’m a mother, the one who’ll keep this baby girl with her always, and I’m a mother, the one who’s nurturing another mother in her and people like you cannot make me give up. I won’t give up because for a mother an infant is not a boy or a girl, for a mother a soul is just a child, her child. Her milk won’t change for any, she won’t differentiate on her love, care and definitely no matter what she won’t let unjust visit her child and I won’t give up on this part of me.” Anandi streamed her emotions through her words and her eyes. That day she cried as she walked out on her better half, only to be a mother. 


Comments

Popular Posts