The One Who Need Us The Most ~ Father's Day Special

To all the fathers who know that there will be no Father's Day for them from here on, to all the mothers who know that there'll be no more surprises waiting for them on Mother's Day either, this is for the ones who have given up on life for the betterment of their children, their prestige, as after all that has been done, they are their children and they can never stop loving them.


From my visit to "Gharaunda" 
For my love to Bhatia uncle. 

"You remind me of my granddaughter, she must be of your age by now." His wrinkled hands touched my cheek in admiration as I felt that elderly love showered on me that day. I do not remember his name, neither do I know who he was or where he came from, all I knew was, he was abandoned, abandoned on the context that he ain't good enough to lead a normal life with the pace of his children. I heart weeped for him at the moment and I'm not someone who cries that easily, but as a tear trickled down my face that day, I didn't realise that I couldn't stop them at that moment. I wasn't quite known to this feeling, the feeling of elderly love showered on you endlessly as if they have nothing else to give you than blessings and love.

I'm not someone who visit's an old age home that often, it was this random trip from school which made me encounter a feeling I was so bizarre to. Talking to them, I felt that they didn't hold any grudges against their children, "After all, he's my son, I cannot stop loving him, but all I wish is to meet my grandson one day." A lady had told me that day. I wonder why people do so, I wonder why they give up on their parents. Just because they are difficult to be with doesn't mean you can give up on them, you were difficult too, back then, when you were a toddler, you were difficult too but they did not give up on you then how do you find it appropriate to commit such a fatal mistake?

What we all forget in this is the fact that we ourselves have children too, and for God's grace, we do not wish to see days which we may not be able to live, days when we need our family the most, but the children make loneliness to be our best friend. How can we forget the day when they slept hungry to feed us, the day when they toiled hard in their office and then did our homework while we went for a good night's sleep, the day when they bought us a new pair of clothing while they sew a patch on their own shirt, how can we forget the day when they brought us to this Earth?
The debts of a parent are forever to be looked up to for a child, for they cannot be repaid no matter what and no matter how. They've done what they have done for us, then how can we abandon them to satisfy our own greed of money and authority, after all, in the end it's we who'll hold the hierarchy of the house and the authorities then why be in a hurry of chasing what's not ours at the first place. It's their hard work and even if we snatch it from them, deep down we know that it doesn't belong to us and it never will.

The Happiest Soul at Gharaunda 


So why not love what we have, love who have always loved us not matter how notorious, selfish or lovely we were. 

This Father's Day, I wish every father who haven't been called out as one since quite a time, and every mother who still awaits the return of his grandchild, a life where nothing can stop them from smiling. I wish them a very Happy Father's Day and of course, a very Happy Mother's Day too, for there is no day to shower the bond of love we all share. 

Comments

Popular Posts